Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Was John Edwards His Own Prophet?

Go Back To My Site

John Edwards admits he became egocentric and narcissistic when he had an extra marital affair with Rielle Hunter while his wife was fighting cancer and he was running for president. He is accused of fathering her child, which he denies. My concern is for his wife and children. Why should they be humiliated for their husband’s and father’s sins?

This is not a new story. It could have been told millions of times, ever since the fall of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. After all, men and women have feet of clay. We have seen over and over how great men have fallen; from John Kennedy to Franklin Roosevelt. Of course in their day the media did not report on such personal matters. Things are different today.

Recently, New York Governor Elliot Spitzer was caught with a prostitute and yet as a New York State Attorney General, one of his top priorities was fighting prostitution. And then of course there’s President Clinton with his affair with Monica Lewinsky. It’s not only politicians. We’ve certainly had our share of fallen men and women in the ministry.

I don’t necessarily believe it’s any more prevalent in politicians, preachers, priests, sports figures or actors than it is in ordinary people. But because of the visibility of these professions it just seems to be. However, the same thing happens with teachers, plumbers, electricians, truck drivers, middle mangers, etc.... I myself went through a divorce in 1983 after being in the ministry for 23 years. I believe that ideally people should be married and stay together until death do them part. But things happen, people make mistakes. God is a God of forgiveness and grace.

I believe it's the job of every Christian to forgive and restore people who have fallen and made mistakes in their life. Jesus said if you do not forgive you will not be forgiven (Mark 11:26). Judge not lest you be judged (Matthew 7:1). This is a time to take heed. The Bible says to be spiritual you must restore. It’s my belief that the true sign of spirituality is the ability to restore. If you see your brother take a fall, take heed lest you fall (Galatians 6:1).

With 50 years of ministry I have come to the conclusion that you can pretty much predict when a great man or woman is about to fall. Let’s go back and look at what John Edwards said in 1999 when he first came to the Senate. He was very critical of President Clinton at the time. In the impeachment hearing about President Clinton’s affair with Monica Lewinsky he said, I quote, “I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimension of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen.” Over and over I have witnessed that when someone becomes critical of someone else’s behavior, it seems that invariably it’s just a matter of time before they end up falling by the very thing that they were critical of someone else for. Let’s pray for the restoration of the Edwards family and ask God’s grace to cover John Edwards.

Is there a law that you become what you oppose? Write your comments to me.

11 comments:

  1. Give Edwards grace? I don't know...did he give us any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On target Don yes we all can become what we oppose if we are not carefull.

    Maybe we tend to oppose what we fear we might also become.

    You say we must restore how does this apply to Edwards what are the steps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Don, I don't think there is a law that states we become what we oppose. But from my experience I have found out that Jamaican Prophets get into your spirit and turn you into what you oppose. And I tell you this of my experience of the curses, witchcraft and nastiness that attacked my life by a Jamaican Prophet who connected himself in my spirit. Who was exposed by a Prophet as a man who he saw in my spirit watching me, not watching out for me as protector but watching me Don! And he did not think it was of God. From that! The Jamaican Prophet exposed himself and tried to destroy my life and my child's life and the Lord allowed this Jamaican Prophet to pleasure himself all!!!!! through my body. This is no unique experience but totally nasty of someone who has the ability to get into your spirit and turn you into what you opposed. Is this a God of love and mercy and compassion. I love to share more concerning this because I want it to stop. Regards Wendy Johnson, wendyjprayer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. as i said before we are what we think either consiously or subconsiously-thoughts form words and words =actions which we have sown so shall we reap either good or bad we can not escape this circle -we attract or aquire into our lives what we focus on most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Caddilacman, obviously!!! You are what you think. We should PRAISE GOD for that. Lets hope!!! You never have an experience of what you are not!!!

    Regards,
    Wendy Johnson
    wendyjprayer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Don,
    We are not victims of evil spirits or people or anything/anybody. When we walk with God we are victorious. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the World. John 4.
    When something has overtaken us we have CHOSEN to accept it or walk in disobedience or have allowed a doorway to open to receive it.
    God gave us a free will.

    Unfortunately when we become victim to something/one we have heard "the lie" and chose to believe it. God always always always provides a way out.

    Once we believe the lie it manifests deeper and deeper and then we are trapped and only God can help us out of that situation. I may be for the fact of lack of knowlege, ignorance or just chosing to toil with the lie/sin. There is only so long that surface stuff goes on and than it gets into our spirit and soul and it's way harder to remove. God always promises a way out through, conviction, conscious or through a book/friend.
    Once its completely over taken us is when it has manifested and we need to be delivered and then healed - only God can do that.
    What a loving God we serve that He choses not to leave us in the pit that we place ourselves in or that someone else may have thrown us into.
    Praise be to the King of Kings!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree with Lisa we open ourselves up to trouble when we get off the word and start placing our thoughts and desires in the wrong direction. we keep on going down the wrong path when we focus else where and not on the word satan knows that and cons us but he also knows he is no match for the word and if we stand on it he loses big time. stand on the word

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry to hear you made a mistake that lasted 23 years. Seems like calling it a mistake after 23 years would be labelling yourself as something less than observant.

    usually something VERY definitive ends a relationship of 23 years. Care to share that tidbit with us?

    ReplyDelete

  9. my name is Treasy My ex-boyfriend dumped me one weeks ago after I accused him of seeing someone else and insulting him. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me. I was so confuse and don`t know what to do, so I reach to the internet for help and I saw a testimony of how a spell caster help people to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problem to him and he cast a spell for me and assure me of 48hours that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my ex came knocking on my door and beg for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. Once again thank you DR.MARKROBBIN. You are truly talented and gifted. Email:drmarkrobbinspelltemple@yahoo.com is the only answer. He can be of great help and I will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man

    ReplyDelete
  10. After being in relationship with my husband for nine years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email is (ukospelltemple@yahoo.com } tel.+2348115200304) you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything.

    ReplyDelete